Friday, May 21, 2004

Who is this www.onlinecashrecovery.com a.k.a., "U.S. Claims Service" claiming to have 128 dollars for me and why don't they have any links from google? Google Search: link:www.onlinecashrecovery.com Google Search: onlinecashrecovery whois tells me -----
Registrant:
 U.S. Claim Services LLC
 3612 Coffee Rd. Suite B
 Bakersfield, CA 93308
 US
 
 Domain name: ONLINECASHRECOVERY.COM
 
 Administrative Contact:
    Admin, Domain  domains@themarcomgroup.com
    3612 Coffee Rd. Suite B
    Bakersfield, CA 93308
    US
    661-589-2076
 Technical Contact:
    Admin, Domain  domains@themarcomgroup.com
    3612 Coffee Rd. Suite B
    Bakersfield, CA 93308
    US
    661-589-2076
 
 
 Registration Service Provider:
    The Marcom Group, Incorporated, domains@themarcomgroup.com
    661-589-2076
    This company may be contacted for domain login/passwords,
    DNS/Nameserver changes, and general domain support questions.
 
 
 Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
 Record last updated on 29-Apr-2004.
 Record expires on 29-Apr-2005.
 Record created on 29-Apr-2004.
----- so it's new. (28 Apr 2004). It seems to be run out of the same address as the web design firm which is a little weird, or maybe it's a convenience/laziness of the domain registration. I wonder how they got so many true stories testimonials if they've only existed for 20 days so far. They say "Private Investigators License PI 12555 and our Business License 0458907". Oh google searching for "0458907" is useful, returning www.usclaimsservices.com which whois tells me: % whois usclaimsservices.com [Querying whois.internic.net] [Redirected to whois.melbourneit.com] [Querying whois.melbourneit.com] [whois.melbourneit.com] Domain Name.......... usclaimsservices.com Creation Date........ 2003-10-02 Registration Date.... 2003-10-02 Expiry Date.......... 2005-10-02 Organisation Name.... us claims services Organisation Address. 2901 f street Organisation Address. Organisation Address. bakersfield Organisation Address. 93301 Organisation Address. ca Organisation Address. UNITED STATES Admin Name........... Paul Hashim Admin Address........ 2901 f street Admin Address........ Admin Address........ bakersfield Admin Address........ 93301 Admin Address........ ca Admin Address........ UNITED STATES Admin Email.......... phashim@stoppreapproved.com Admin Phone.......... +661.6332416 Admin Fax............ +661.6332457 Tech Name............ Paul Hashim Tech Address......... 2901 f street Tech Address......... Tech Address......... bakersfield Tech Address......... 93301 Tech Address......... ca Tech Address......... UNITED STATES Tech Email........... phashim@stoppreapproved.com Tech Phone........... +661.6332416 Tech Fax............. +661.6332457 Name Server.......... ns1.themarcomgroup.com Name Server.......... ns2.themarcomgroup.com October 2003 (7 months ago) somewhat more reasonable. And now some link backs to 2901 f street and 2901 f st. Something about chiropractors. "Paul Hashim" has a link to the sale of retail property at 2901 f street. The Plano TX connection also appears here: search on openrbl for onlinecashrecovery.com

15 comments :

Anonymous said...

Who is it i doint know, have a letter states we have $865.00 for me, send us $64.00 for file fees and we will send you the balance, and a site address www.usclaimsservices.com and that is how i ended up here, another scam, by.

Unknown said...

I got one of these letters from US ClaimsServices as well. Here are the results of my quick searching:

Search the Better Business Bureau website (www.bbb.org) by the zip code on the letter (93308). There are 3 results and it does show that they've had about 9 complaints as of the date I write this. So it's a real business. However you'll get the names of the peple running the company, the Hashim's.

A quick search for a "Paul Hashim" with Google gets you to a Star Telegram article on the company's background and the fact is all they do is tell you that you have money out there that you can get yourself if you do some digging. You don't need USClaimsService to get the money. Here's a link to the article:
http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:QhFCKb-CiGYJ:www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/columnists/dave_lieber/16088769.htm+%22Paul+Hashim%22&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=4

The Star Telegram is a Texan newspaper: www.dfw.com

Another cached article on US Claims Service:

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:WfOTAwCf-eIJ:www.post-gazette.com/pg/06234/715302-93.stm+%22Paul+Hashim%22&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=6

If you really have missing money some websites to check:
www.unclaimed.org
www.missingmoney.com

I hope this helps eveyrone out there.

Avi

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Avi.. I have just received the letter like this, today, where they refer to the address I used to live 10 years ago, type of property as "Misc Outstanding Ck", partially my SSN and the amount of $817.00 (of course, a check for $63.70 should be sent to them ASAP to start processing)... The last name in the box "Owner" (that is supposed to be me) is misspelled though. I have looked everywhere, and thanks to Ken who posted this blog, I was able to find at least some info... Have a strong feeling it's a scam, indeed. No references in entire GOOGLE besides this blog, at all (except their registration and moved/renamed domain which expires, BTW, 10/2007), and in max 180 days they promise I get my money or "money back guarantee" they will have non-existing site and closed office currently registered at 3801 Pegasus Drive, Suit 101, Bakersfield, CA 93308. And where are those 180,000 happy customers they claim to make happy? A-N-Y reviews?
Thank you again for publishing this blog.. At least I am not feeling like an idiot today.

Anonymous said...

PS to the comment above (same author, BTW)... Indeed, I put some time in the research using the path and links provided by Avi (thanks again!). And, indeed, this is NOT a scam, per the reports I have reviewed on the BBB site for their business license 0458907. But Avi is absolutely right - Paul Hashim & Co will charge you (for the amount of 1% to 5%, and not larger than 10% of the claimed money) for the service of PROVIDING FORMS to you ...forms which can download yourself as are available for free if you put time and effort on finding the information on-line and calling the proper states gov offices (telephones, emails and forms are available via the links provided listed by Avi). The only thing is not available for free is the article by Dave Lieber in The Star Telegram Texan paper (http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:QhFCKb-CiGYJ:www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/columnists/dave_lieber/16088769.htm+%22Paul+Hashim%22&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=4) - it was archived and is available for a small fee for data retrieval from the newspaper's archive.
The good thing is that these letters from the U.S. Claims Services do is they bring to your attention that someone's money they were able to identify in publicly available records MAY BE yours, and it is worth trying to continue the research on our own and locate them.
It is quite possible that , for example, the unclaimed money is "connected" to the property and not to you who resided on that property some time ago or whatever.. but someone that crossed your life at some time in past has unclaimed $$ exactly in the amount referenced in the letter you received:
I.e I was not able to find ANY records on myself in the state listed in the letter from U.S. Claims Services, however, when I did a search for the ADDRESS in the Unclaimed Property category (left the form blank and put the entire address in the Search box at http://www.usa-people-search.com/Default.aspx?view=UN) the search brought me to the results that the EXACT amount of unclaimed money for this address is reported by a holder in a DIFFERENT STATE (so, the money was not actually to be claimed by me, but my landlords from whom I was renting the house 10 years ago, as they indeed, moved to that DIFFERENT state). Anyway: got the letter, go online and do some research. You may be surprised to find them for free.
Good luck to everyone!

Ken said...

I'm personally not really convinced that they are a scam; rather the service they offer is really EXPENSIVE. You should be able to get your assets without using them.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. I used the www.missingmoney.com. Sure enough I was owed money and now for the price of a stamp, I'll get my money.


Thanks,

Bart

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. I am able to go to missingmoney.org and claim it myself. My state is charging me 1% for handling ($10), but that's better than $64 if I go with US Claims Service.

Thanks again,
David

Alex Markin said...

Hi Paul:

I'd like to add my thanks for your blog providing background on Paul Hashim and the low cost alternative www.missingmoney.com to using his services. My wife had got a letter from him offering his services to recover $1000 for the sum of $69.95. At first we thought he was a total scam, but apparently he is not - providing paperwork one can get for free through other channels. To our surprise that is real, some uncashed bonds from way back. We are pursuing it independent of him.

Have a great 2009
Alex

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

They are a real business. Here's the black and white on it. Wages, Inheritances, court settlements...etc are held by the State Controllers office which try to find you at your last reported address and reported name (which is misspelled-by the reported company). If the state can not find you then this company comes in after them gets your most recent info and informs you of your $ which you may have forgotten about or don't know how to get it yourself. They charge a fee for the paper work and/or help. Yes, you can do this by yourself but most of you wouldn't have known about this with out them tracking you down. Am I right? So for those of you who do claim your money freely due to the information obtained from that company remember that they did the leg work for you. But I do see your point of view. There is free information out there regarding your money and feel that you shouldn't have been or be charged for it. And again, someone had to provide the time and money to inform you of it.

Anonymous said...

I was notified that over $1,000 was held in my name at National Financial Service Company as "dividends", giving my correct name and an old PA address. I went to the PA Treasury and finally received the money. No charge. I still have no idea what the source was.

Anonymous said...

Your clock is off. My blog #11 shows 4:22 PM but it's only 12:22 PM in NJ.

Steven said...

Thank you Avi for your comments and links. I thought this was some scam and almost threw it away. Went to state's website through one of your links and found I am owed over $2000 from some insurance company.

Rhubarb_ K said...

Wow! I did a lot of searching to find this site and its link to unclaimed properties. I followed it and found out that the money was indeed owed to me, and that I can get the whole amount without having to pay the broker for finding it. Thanks for the information!

Anonymous said...

Hello and thanks to you all! I recieved a letter from the u.s. claims services also. I took your advice and checked www.unclaimed.org, sure enough The State of Texas says I have money! Thanks for the info and for saving me the fee to us claims! Gwen